providing guidance from admission through graduation
Welcome to the DMACC Academic Advising homepage. On this site, you will find general information to help you develop your educational plan.
We encourage you to visit with an advisor at the campus of your choice for more in-depth information and personal assistance.
An advisor can assist you with:
- Planning your class schedule
- Understanding the AA,AS, AAS, and AGSdegrees
- Transfer information
- Registering for classes
- Understanding and completing admission requirements
- Learning more about a DMACC major or program of study
- Checking your progress toward graduation
- Understanding DMACC's academic policies and procedures
Advising vs. Counseling
Advisors and counselors perform different roles. We recommend you make an appointment with a counselor if you need help with:
- Academic issues (struggling grades)
- Career issues (deciding on a career)
- Personal issues (family/relationship issues, stress, anxiety, etc.)
Click here to visit the Counseling Site.
The mission of Student Development is to provide counseling and advising in a learning environment to help individuals achieve their educational, career, and personal goals. The staff strive to be knowledgeable, resourceful, respectful and trustworthy when working with all individuals.